Ethics, Integrity, and Other Research Success Services
Keeping your research on track
The Office of the Vice President for Research oversees several service units focused on providing you with the support to ensure the integrity and success of your research. The Office of Research Ethics is your single source of contact – a “one-stop-shop,” if you will – for assistance in the various ethics and compliance aspects involved in successfully executing your research, including:
- Human-subjects research – Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Research and teaching involving animals – Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Biohazards – Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Radiation – Radiation Safety Committee (RSC)
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- International Collaborations
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Research Integrity and Other Resources
These additional OVPR service units provide vital support, depending on the nature of your research:
- The Office of Biotechnology can connect you with a broad range of biotech services, instrumentation and faculty with similar or complementary research interests.
- The Attending Veterinarian can help you design your study to assure best care is provided every animal used in your research.
- Laboratory Animal Resources will work with you to provide care and housing for animals used in your research.