Managing an Award
As your project gets underway, check out these resources and tips to help you manage your award.
- Grants Hub offers project management services.
- Understand the Board of Regents nepotism policy.
- Read the center and institute guidelines.
- Best Practices for Developing Interdisciplinary Research Teams
- Set up and manage sponsored programs accounts with the user manual and online training.
- Read the eData user manual.
Working with humans, animals, and hazardous materials
- Conduct research with human subjects/Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Conduct research with animal subjects/Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Work with hazardous biological materials/Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC).
- Use radioactive materials or radiation-producing devices/Radiation Safety Committee (RSC).
- Check out lab safety, radiation and other training with Environmental Health & Safety.
Conducting your research responsibly
- Find agency required training on Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Find information about conflicts of interest, and read up on conflicts of interest policies.
- Limit the transfer of sensitive information, materials, and services: Information and guidelines on export control.
- Read “What Every Researcher Should Know.”
Concerns about research misconduct?
Please contact the Research Integrity Officer at email@example.com.
Iowa State University provides a subscription to iThenticate for researchers and graduate students for the detection of plagiarism.
Protecting intellectual property & commercializing your research
- Turn to the Iowa State University Research Foundation, Inc. (ISURF) & the Office of Intellectual Property & Technology Transfer (OIPTT).
- Reach out to Iowa State’s Economic Development and Industrial Relations.
Closing out a grant
Read the instructions for closing studies with a variety of subjects:
- Instructions for closing a study with human subjects, plus the IRB project closure form.
- The IACUC project closure form for closing a study with animals.
- The IBC project closure form for closing a study with biohazards.
Review, monitor, and close out sponsored program accounts.