Iowa State Research Community Recognized with University Honors
Each year Iowa State recognizes the excellence of faculty and staff in its annual university awards. Honorees for 2022 were announced in an Inside Iowa State article published April 28. Here are the members of the Iowa State research community recognized for their contributions and achievements:
Outstanding Achievement in Research
The award recognizes a tenured faculty member who has a national or international reputation for contributions in research and/or creative activity.
- Jared Anderson, Alice Hudson Professor of chemistry
- Ratnesh Kumar, Palmer Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Mid-Career Achievement in Research
The award recognizes a tenured or tenure-track faculty member who has demonstrated exemplary performance or scholarship in research and/or creative activity as documented by peers or experts in the field.
- Megan Gilligan, associate professor of human development and family studies
- Kirill Kovnir, professor of chemistry
- Simon Laflamme, professor of civil, construction and environmental engineering and Waldo W. Wegner Professor in Civil Engineering
Early Achievement in Research
The award recognizes a tenured or tenure-track faculty member who has demonstrated outstanding accomplishments in research and/or creative activity unusually early in their professional career.
- Walter Moss, associate professor of biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology
- Peter Orth, associate professor of physics and astronomy
- Cristina Poleacovschi, assistant professor of civil, construction and environmental engineering
Interdisciplinary Team Research Award
The award recognizes an interdisciplinary team of two or more faculty researchers with outstanding achievements who have made a significant contribution to the university’s research and scholarship mission through successful interdisciplinary collaborations.
C-CHANGE (Consortium for Cultivating Human And Naturally reGenerative Enterprises)
- Adam Janke, associate professor of natural resource ecology and management
- Omar de Kok-Mercado, program assistant, natural resource ecology and management
- Mark Mba-Wright, associate professor of mechanical engineering
- Marshall McDaniel, associate professor of agronomy
- Jarad Niemi, associate professor of statistics
- Lisa Schulte Moore, professor of natural resource ecology and management
- Dana Schweitzer, program specialist, natural resource ecology and management
Professional and Scientific Research Award
The award recognizes a professional and scientific staff member employed at Iowa State at least five years for excellence in research.
- Cajetan Nlebedim, scientist, Ames Laboratory
Achievement in Intellectual Property
The award recognizes individuals or teams of faculty and professional and scientific staff for outstanding university-based achievements in producing intellectual property.
- Robbyn Anand, associate professor and Carlyle G. Caldwell Endowed Chair in Chemistry