Discover. Create. Together.
The idea for Iowa State University Research Day officially got its start in 2017 after two campus researchers bumped into each other at an Ames grocery store and discovered their specialties had more in common than either of them ever realized. What started as a chance meeting has grown into an annual opportunity for researchers and scholars of all disciplines to come together, celebrate their work, discover their campus peers’ interests, and plant the seeds for future research collaborations and partnerships.
During this event, researchers and scholars are encouraged to give lighting talks about their research focal areas, present a poster showcasing their research interests and project results, network with other researchers, discover campus research services, and listen to stories of real-life research and scholarship experiences. Whether you are a chemist, artist, performer, engineer, or historian, if you are involved with research or scholarly work at Iowa State, this event is for you.
Attendance is open to all faculty, staff, post docs, and graduate students.
Research Day Steering Committee
- Guru Rao, Office of the Vice President for Research
- Karen Bramow, Office of the Vice President for Research
- Amy Brucker, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Sarah Carlson, College of Human Sciences
- Tyler Stricker, Office of the Vice President for Research
- Paula Van Brocklin, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Jane Garrity, Office of the Vice President for Research
- Julie Lelonek, Economic Development and Industry Relations
- Dan Kirkpatrick, Office of the Vice President for Research
- Diane Meyer, Grants Hub
- Sandra Norvell, College of Design and College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Asrun Kristmundsdottir, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Tina Rice, Office of the Vice President for Research
- Lori Jarmon, College of Engineering
- Brenda Carr, College of Business
- Kim Clinton, Grants Hub
- Caitlin Ware, Office of the Vice President for Research
Research Day Faculty Advisory Committee
- Michael Bartlett, College of Engineering
- Abhay Mishra, College of Business
- Karin Allenspach-Jorn, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Carlton Basmajian, College of Design
- Michael Dahlstrom, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Cass Dorius, College of Human Sciences
- Alison Phillips, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Aileen Keating, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences